Monday, February 18, 2013

If there was a song for job hunting.....

....then it would be my theme song right now!  Three weeks ago I was actively looking for a job, but now I'm hunting.  Did you know how expensive it is to move from Alabama to California??  I started looking into the prices, and discovered that just renting the smallest moving truck -- just the truck alone -- would cost about $1,000.  A thousand dollars!! Once I added in the cost of fuel, food, and boxes, I realized I need a job.  ASAP.  I literally cannot afford to move to California, unless I fly with a suitcase (and believe me, I'm seriously considering that at this point).

With this revelation in mind, I am hunting down jobs.  I have turned in many applications, with no feedback or response so far.  I had a walk-in interview today at Books-A-Million, but unfortunately they are only hiring people with sales experience (of which, I have none).  This is a shame, because the guy I interviewed with was clearly impressed by me; he mentioned two or three times how organized I was.  I have no classes on Tuesdays, so tomorrow I am going out and talking to as many people as possible to try to get something.  At this point, I would be happy with anything.  So if you want to pray for me (I would really appreciate it!  There is great power in prayer!!), please pray that the people I talk to tomorrow like me, and that I am able to fill out many applications.

My moving out to California this summer is kind of a window-type deal.  I have a job lined up IF I can move back by August.  I have struggled with the lack of control I feel I have in this situation, and it has caused me great stress, anxiety, and depression this past week.  However, I believe God's promises.  He already has provided me with an amazing job and a wonderful place to live, and I know He wouldn't desert me now.  "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11.  "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28.  With these two promises in mind, I have taken to reciting this verse every time I feel myself becoming anxious or worried: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

If you could join me in praying these verses over me, and praying that I will get the right job (and soon), I would very much appreciate it!

Do you have any go-to verses that help you through difficult times?  Please share!  And feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to know what you think.

Much love,
katiebell @>-->---

No comments:

Post a Comment