Thursday, June 7, 2012

Welcome to my blog!  I started this blog at the prompting of my friends and family I left in California, who wanted to follow me as I journey across the country to Alabama and begin my college life.  My parents are retiring to Alabama, and after much back and forth thought and prayer, I realized that God wanted me to move with them.  This decision will better help me concentrate on school, and get it done, rather than working and trying to squeeze school in between work and hanging out with my boyfriend, Michael.

Which brings me to the downside of moving: leaving Michael.  My relationship with Michael was built on the idea that we were dating with the intention of marriage (this is way down the road, and only if everything works out, but it separates us from dating just for fun), so the idea of moving to Alabama without him was not something I took lightly.  In fact, I couldn't bring myself to think about it.  I focused more on looking forward to the positives of Alabama and enjoying my present time with Michael rather than dealing with the coming separation.

This brings us up to date.  Today, Michael came over and helped as we finished packing up the odds and ends that we hadn't put in the pod.  We loaded up the truck, packed the van, and piled in.  Leaving him today at noon was the single hardest thing I've ever had to do, and it hurt like crazy.  But then we were on the road, looking forward to Barstow.

The drive to Barstow was pleasant.  My dad and I left in our Ford truck around noon, and he drove the whole way.  My mom and sister caught up with us around Bakersfield, and we caravanned the rest of the way.  Now I'm sitting in our hotel room, waiting for a call from the boyfriend that he's off work :)

That's all for now, but leave a comment and let me know what you think....what you're curious to know about, what you liked, what you didn't.

14 comments:

  1. What a mature young woman you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your steps are
    Ordered by the lord, and that makes this an exciting move. He says, "I know the plans I have for you not to harm you but to give you hope and a future". I can't wait to hear all the exciting things that are to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited too! I just have to get past the initial leaving period, but I'm excited to see what God has planned for me.
      Love you too!

      Delete
  3. Love you Katie girl 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie- you will have to add a follow button so I can follow your posts :)

    Praying for a safe trip and know that God's got amazing things for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I have a subscribe button up now :) Thank you so much for your prayers, I love you all!

      Delete
    2. yay following you now :)

      You are going to go to school out there right? Live it up and join everything you can/want and have fun! College is a once in a lifetime thing- enjoy late night, random outings, living on no money, going to class half asleep, taking lots of random and interesting classes, sports events (even if you don't like the sport it's so much fun to go and dress up and have school spirit) and make lots of friends :)

      Delete
    3. Definitely! I learned the hard way, from lack of participating in High School, that I will miss out on all those things if I don't do them. Luckily, I have college to make it up, and I'm planning on doing just that!

      Delete
  5. Hey Katie, you are more special than you know. You put so much thought into the choices that you make. Your focus to be a well rounded, educated woman will always draw like-minded people to you. You also live your life to love and be loved. That's an amazing way to be. At the end of the day, love is all that matters. I will enjoy following you on your blog! We miss u here in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa, that means a lot :) I miss you all too!

      Delete
  6. Of course this is difficult, GO TO THE BEACH!!!!!! Y'all have 2 cars, you and Em go over to Santa Rosa Is. to Fort Morgan. Tell your parents you're having a nervous hissy fit and have to take the car!!! and you are sooooooo perceptive to be aware that there are currents and eddys and dangerous unseen sucking pits into which one could fall and be lost forever - and that's all inside the motel room. I know you are missing Michael, but he is not in Iraq, or Vietnam or in the hospital in traction. GO TO THE BEACH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not anonymous, it is Carol, Mimi - but I couldn't figure out any other way to do this!! I am not computer savvy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks Mimi. Don't worry, that's definitely in the plans for this summer!

      Delete